Join the Storytime Waitlist
We'll let you know when we open enrollment. And, we'll send you weekly emails with songs, stories, and seasonal projects in the meantime.
We won't send spam. Unsubscribe at any time.
Registration for Storytime is currently closed!
Enrollment is open only twice a year, in August and February. Join our waitlist, and you'll be the first to know when doors open!
You have a daily and weekly rhythm that connects you with your child and the world around you.
You know how to use pedagogical tales to prepare your child for transitions or to help navigate challenging behaviors.
You learn songs to help you with daily transitions, recognize the seasons, and celebrate the world around you.
Your connection to your children grows as you create and work together on artistic projects.
Introducing Storytime in the Schoolhouse
Storytime in the Schoolhouse isn't just videos to watch with your child.
Storytime is a complete program of nature-based songs, stories, crafts, & activities to guide you through all four seasons of the year.
Designed to be used again and again, throughout early childhood.
Create a consistent daily and weekly rhythm focused on connecting with your child and the world around you.
Your Storytime Membership includes:
- Circle time songs, poems, and fingerplays for each month: an easy way to learn and enjoy new songs to sing with your child.
- Daily nature-based stories and puppet shows: increase your child’s connection with and curiosity about the world around them.
- Nature-Based craft projects & video instruction from a trained early childhood handwork teacher: create two beautiful crafts each month that coordinate with the themes and stories of Storytime.
- 12+ Additional Craft, Kitchen, and Outdoor Projects each month: enjoy a collection of seasonal activities that coordinate with the monthly themes and stories of Storytime and provide you with all you need to fill your days in a meaningful way.
- Monthly Guidebooks stuffed full of Storytime materials and resources: Our 60+ page guidebooks put everything from the month into one easy-to-use resource. This interactive (and printable) PDF provides detailed monthly plans including material lists and instructions for craft projects and extension activities. This resource allows you to easily create a nourishing weekly rhythm of crafts and activities without spending hours gathering your own resources.
As a Storytime Member, you have immediate access to a full year of Storytime and all the accompanying resources.
That's twelve full months of...
Seasonal Circle Times
A new, full circle time for each month, including seasonal songs, poems, & fingerplays.
Stories & Puppet Shows
Four new gentle, nature-based stories each month, including folk tales, nature tales, and teaching tales.
Our early childhood handwork specialist teaches two video-based craft projects each month. We include a materials list and instructions for each project.
Each month includes a Guidebook filled with coordinated craft, kitchen, and outdoor projects that align with our stories and themes.
Let me show you what’s waiting for you inside Storytime in the Schoolhouse.
You’ll have everything you need to bring nature-based songs, stories, and craft projects into your home through all four seasons, starting today.
Each month of Storytime includes…
"CIRCLE TIME" SONGS, POEMS, & FINGERPLAYS FOR EACH MONTH
Each month you and your children learn a new “circle time”-- a time of nature-based, seasonal songs, poems, and fingerplays. Each day of Storytime begins with circle time and we learn the songs & poems together throughout the month. Don’t be surprised when you and your children start singing these songs throughout the day!
As a Storytime Member, you will:
- Discover the quickest and easiest way to learn songs and stories without taking the time to find, organize, and memorize them yourself.
- Learn songs to help you with daily transitions, recognizing the seasons, and celebrating the world around you.
- Watch your child’s awareness of the natural world and seasonal changes grow as they sing songs about the world around them.
- Learn fingerplays to do with your child in order to pass time, mark a transition, or connect more deeply.
DAILY NATURE-BASED STORIES & PUPPET SHOWS
Every Storytime episode includes a gentle, nature-based story or puppet show. You and your children will listen to a new story each week, giving you a library of 48 new nature-based stories for sharing with your children.
As a Storytime Member, you will:
- Learn and enjoy stories alongside your child.
- Build your own treasure trove of stories and storytelling experiences. You will return to these stories again and again, year after year.
- Watch your child’s creativity and imaginative play increase as they model the storytelling and puppetry at home.
- Learn how to use pedagogical tales to prepare your child for transitions or to help navigate challenging behaviors. These include things like: having a new sibling, moving to a new home, etc.
- Witness your child’s connection with and curiosity about the natural world blossom.
Types of stories you and your child will enjoy each month:
"GRANDPA IVY" STORIES: Grandpa Ivy is an old man (or is he a gnome?) who lives deep in the Appalachian Mountains. During the first week of each month, we hear a story about Grandpa Ivy and his latest adventures.
PEDAGOGICAL STORIES, or teaching tales: stories that help support a transition or address challenging behavior. We hear a pedagogical tale the second week of each month.
NATURE TALES: these stories provide creative insight into the natural world and include stories about animals, the seasons, and the activity of the natural world.
FOLK TALES & traditional tales: early childhood versions of traditional tales and folk tales from around the world.
NATURE-BASED CRAFT PROJECTS & VIDEO INSTRUCTION FROM A TRAINED EARLY CHILDHOOD HANDWORK TEACHER
Storytime Members visit Ms. Rae on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month during Storytime. During these “Craft Visits with Ms. Rae,” you watch and learn how to make nature-based seasonal crafts.
As a Storytime Member, you will:
- Create crafts that coordinate with the stories and themes of Storytime; enabling you to bring more of the magic into your home without any extra planning.
- Learn how to make seasonal crafts out of natural materials without having to purchase an expensive curriculum or more books.
- Learn new handwork skills alongside your child or teach your child skills you’ve always hoped to pass on.
- Have access to material lists, written instructions, and video instructions for each craft; this ensures you have the supplies and confidence for successful crafting with your young child.
- Relish the joy and connection you create with your children as you work together on creative projects.
12+ ADDITIONAL CRAFT, KITCHEN, & OUTDOOR PROJECTS EACH MONTH
In addition to our “Craft Visits with Ms. Rae,” each month includes a collection of projects that coordinate with the themes and stories of Storytime. We include craft, kitchen, and outdoor projects, providing you with all you need to fill your days in a meaningful way.
As a Storytime Member, you will:
- Enjoy a collection of activities already coordinated and planned for you and your child.
- Have a collection of meaningful projects to use throughout the seasons; one you can return to year after year.
- Learn new nature-based craft, kitchen, and outdoor projects each month.
And, to put it all together into an easy resource you’ll reach for again and again…
Each month you will get a 60+ page Guidebook that includes:
- The complete plans and details for the month: circle time lyrics, story & field trip details, and material list & instructions for each “Craft Visit with Ms. Rae.”
- Over a dozen additional craft, kitchen, and outdoor projects that coordinate with the themes & stories from Storytime.
- A robust and useful resource section with additional supportive materials and information specific to the month.
As a member, the monthly Guidebooks will allow you to:
- Easily create a weekly rhythm of crafts and activities without having to spend your time planning and organizing across several resources.
- Have activities to do with your child that correspond with Storytime’s themes and stories.
- Learn new nature-based, seasonal crafts with ease.
- Feel better prepared for your days at home with your children.
- Complete projects with confidence knowing you have the materials and resources you need.
- Use the plans and activities from your membership to create your own home-based learning plans, without having to spend time or money pulling things together yourself.
Hear what Maggie has to say about Storytime...
"As a mother to two little ones, I have felt my dreams for their childhood often collide with the exhaustion of simply keeping them safe and well-fed.
A childhood full of magic, music, verse, and storytelling has felt hard to prioritize, especially when this type of knowledge was not something I came into motherhood possessing. When would I have the time to read the books? To memorize the songs? To learn the crafts? When would I find the energy to create meaningful rhythms that flowed with us throughout each season?
This vision for my children’s early childhood plastered my Pinterest boards but always felt completely out of reach when it came to the chaos of our daily lives. That was until we discovered Little Round Schoolhouse and Storytime.
The single most valuable gift that Storytime offers is accessibility. It takes many beautiful components of a deeply intentional early childhood education and makes them accessible to all children and their caregivers. You don’t need to have an early childhood education degree, send your children to an expensive private school, have all the fancy Waldorf toys, read all the books, or try to do everything yourself. All you need is Storytime.
Storytime meets you right where you are. In the kitchen, bedraggled after another night of not much sleep, wondering how you will make it through till naptime (or the next 5 years). Storytime is there, offering rhythm, consistency, and beauty to your family. Storytime sparks joy and connection through story and verse, while providing a vision and a step-by-step roadmap to a childhood for my children that no longer feels just out of reach.
It is pure magic."
I'm Miss Becca.
Early childhood educator ~ Storyteller ~ Puppeteer
For over twelve years, I operated a mixed-aged forest preschool for children 3-6 years old on my property outside of Asheville, NC. Now I reach families with young children around the world through our nature-based, secular, inclusive programming, including Storytime in the Schoolhouse.