Hey, I’m Becca.
Or Miss Becca, as the Storytime families call me.
I have a confession.
After running a successful Waldorf-inspired preschool & kindergarten for 13 years, I created Storytime in the Schoolhouse. Since 2020, I have welcomed over a thousand families into Storytime and watched the magic they create using Storytime’s resources.
And I am only just now able to articulate what Storytime actually does for families.
Short story: It’s not the videos. It’s the rhythm.
Parents join Storytime to add more Waldorf-inspired magic to their home (the lovely songs, stories, and nature-based projects), but what they really get is the foundation of a rhythm that changes their home life.
They get a consistent moment of joy and connection with their child that positively impacts the rest of their day.
Oh, don't get me wrong. They still get the songs, stories, and crafts. Yet, parents are surprised by how much deeper it is than that..how one consistent “beat” in their daily rhythm serves as a foundation that overflows into the rest of their lives, bringing creativity, joy, and connection long after the Storytime episode is over.
With Storytime, I do the heavy lifting (planning and organizing all the things) so you can spend more time connecting with your children through a weekly rhythm of seasonal songs, stories, and activities.
Finding a rhythm is so much easier when Storytime is the anchor.JOIN STORYTIME
Let me show you what’s waiting inside Storytime in the Schoolhouse.
You’ll have everything you need to bring nature-based songs, stories, and craft projects into your home through all four seasons, starting today.
You have lifetime access to the program, and the materials are yours to download and keep.
"CIRCLE TIME" SONGS, POEMS, & FINGERPLAYS FOR EACH MONTH
Each month you and your children learn a new “circle time”-- a time of nature-based, seasonal songs, poems, and fingerplays. Each day of Storytime begins with circle time and we learn the songs & poems together throughout the month. Don’t be surprised when you and your children start singing these songs throughout the day!
As a Storytime Member, you will:
- Discover the quickest and easiest way to learn songs and stories without taking the time to find, organize, and memorize them yourself.
- Learn songs to help you with daily transitions, recognizing the seasons, and celebrating the world around you.
- Watch your child’s awareness of the natural world and seasonal changes grow as they sing songs about the world around them.
- Learn fingerplays to do with your child in order to pass time, mark a transition, or connect more deeply.
DAILY NATURE-BASED STORIES & PUPPET SHOWS
Every Storytime episode includes a gentle, nature-based story or puppet show. You and your children will listen to a new story each week, giving you a library of 48 new nature-based stories for sharing with your children.
As a Storytime Member, you will:
- Learn and enjoy stories alongside your child.
- Build your own treasure trove of stories and storytelling experiences. You will return to these stories again and again, year after year.
- Watch your child’s creativity and imaginative play increase as they model the storytelling and puppetry at home.
- Learn how to use pedagogical tales to prepare your child for transitions or to help navigate challenging behaviors. These include things like: having a new sibling, moving to a new home, etc.
- Witness your child’s connection with and curiosity about the natural world blossom.
Types of stories you and your child will enjoy each month:
"GRANDPA IVY" STORIES: Grandpa Ivy is an old man (or is he a gnome?) who lives deep in the Appalachian Mountains. During the first week of each month, we hear a story about Grandpa Ivy and his latest adventures.
PEDAGOGICAL STORIES, or teaching tales: stories that help support a transition or address challenging behavior. We hear a pedagogical tale the second week of each month.
NATURE TALES: these stories provide creative insight into the natural world and include stories about animals, the seasons, and the activity of the natural world.
FOLK TALES & traditional tales: early childhood versions of traditional tales and folk tales from around the world.
NATURE-BASED CRAFT PROJECTS & VIDEO INSTRUCTION FROM A TRAINED EARLY CHILDHOOD HANDWORK TEACHER
Storytime Members visit Ms. Rae on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month during Storytime. During these “Craft Visits with Ms. Rae,” you watch and learn how to make nature-based seasonal crafts.
As a Storytime Member, you will:
- Create crafts that coordinate with the stories and themes of Storytime; enabling you to bring more of the magic into your home without any extra planning.
- Learn how to make seasonal crafts out of natural materials without having to purchase an expensive curriculum or more books.
- Learn new handwork skills alongside your child or teach your child skills you’ve always hoped to pass on.
- Have access to material lists, written instructions, and video instructions for each craft; this ensures you have the supplies and confidence for successful crafting with your young child.
- Relish the joy and connection you create with your children as you work together on creative projects.
12+ ADDITIONAL CRAFT, KITCHEN, & OUTDOOR PROJECTS EACH MONTH
In addition to our “Craft Visits with Ms. Rae,” each month includes a collection of projects that coordinate with the themes and stories of Storytime. We include craft, kitchen, and outdoor projects, providing you with all you need to fill your days in a meaningful way.
As a Storytime Member, you will:
- Enjoy a collection of activities already coordinated and planned for you and your child.
- Have a collection of meaningful projects to use throughout the seasons; one you can return to year after year.
- Learn new nature-based craft, kitchen, and outdoor projects each month.
Each month you will get a 60+ page Guidebook that includes:
- The complete plans and details for the month: circle time lyrics, story & field trip details, and material list & instructions for each “Craft Visit with Ms. Rae.”
- Over a dozen additional craft, kitchen, and outdoor projects that coordinate with the themes & stories from Storytime.
- A robust and useful resource section with additional supportive materials and information specific to the month.
As a member, the monthly Guidebooks will allow you to:
- Easily create a weekly rhythm of crafts and activities without having to spend your time planning and organizing across several resources.
- Have activities to do with your child that correspond with Storytime’s themes and stories.
- Learn new nature-based, seasonal crafts with ease.
- Feel better prepared for your days at home with your children.
- Complete projects with confidence knowing you have the materials and resources you need.
- Use the plans and activities from your membership to create your own home-based learning plans, without having to spend time or money pulling things together yourself.
AUDIO-ONLY VERSION OF STORYTIME
As a Storytime member, you will have free access to our Storytime Member Podcast–the audio version of all the episodes! Some of our members are low-screen or screen-free and appreciate having an audio-only version of Storytime. Like our videos, the audio can be downloaded and played without wifi or a cell connection. Or you can stream them right from our Storytime app!
As a Storytime Member, you will:
- Have the option of using a screen-free, audio-only version of Storytime in the Schoolhouse if this works best for your child and family.
- Enjoy listening to episodes with your child when away from home, adding joy to car rides while giving you the opportunity to enjoy episodes in a new way.
- Have the ability to download the audio of Storytime and take it with you wherever you go, even if there isn’t a cell connection or wifi.
Your purchase includes an app where you can find all the videos and audio included in your year of Storytime.
As a Storytime Member, you will:
- Be able to stream to a larger screen or TV if you don’t want to watch on your mobile device.
- Have an easy way to access all of your Storytime resources in one spot, no matter where you are.
Storytime members have access to our private Facebook group, where you will find a community of like-minded parents using Storytime in their homes.
As a Storytime Member, you will:
- Connect with other parents and families using Storytime.
- Gain support and encouragement from other Storytime members.
- Have a community with which to share how you are using Storytime at home.
- Be inspired by other members and how they are using Storytime and its resources.
- Have access to monthly Q&A sessions with Becca, where you can ask questions and seek support.
Hear what Maggie has to say about Storytime...
"As a mother to two little ones, I have felt my dreams for their childhood often collide with the exhaustion of simply keeping them safe and well-fed.
A childhood full of magic, music, verse, and storytelling has felt hard to prioritize, especially when this type of knowledge was not something I came into motherhood possessing. When would I have the time to read the books? To memorize the songs? To learn the crafts? When would I find the energy to create meaningful rhythms that flowed with us throughout each season?
This vision for my children’s early childhood plastered my Pinterest boards but always felt completely out of reach when it came to the chaos of our daily lives. That was until we discovered Little Round Schoolhouse and Storytime.
The single most valuable gift that Storytime offers is accessibility. It takes many beautiful components of a deeply intentional early childhood education and makes them accessible to all children and their caregivers. You don’t need to have an early childhood education degree, send your children to an expensive private school, have all the fancy Waldorf toys, read all the books, or try to do everything yourself. All you need is Storytime.
Storytime meets you right where you are. In the kitchen, bedraggled after another night of not much sleep, wondering how you will make it through till naptime (or the next 5 years). Storytime is there, offering rhythm, consistency, and beauty to your family. Storytime sparks joy and connection through story and verse, while providing a vision and a step-by-step roadmap to a childhood for my children that no longer feels just out of reach.
It is pure magic."JOIN STORYTIME
🌈Our members are surprised at what Storytime adds to their lives.🌈
"It's about more than the videos!"
- You have a daily and weekly rhythm that connects you with your child and the world around you.
- You know how to use pedagogical tales to prepare your child for transitions or to help navigate challenging behaviors.
- You learn songs to help you with daily transitions, recognize the seasons, and celebrate the world around you.
- Your connection to your children grows as you create and work together on artistic projects.
Join us inside the schoolhouse!
Little Round Schoolhouse offers sliding scale, class-equitable, pay-what-supports-you pricing.
This is for you if:
- You are comfortably able to meet all your basic needs. You may have some debt, but it doesn’t threaten your security or well-being.
- You have financial security, a personal savings account you regularly contribute to, or you own your home/property.
- You “pay it forward” with this price by creating support access for those with less while supporting a more equitable world.
This is for you if:
- You may be paying off debt or working to build savings, but you have access to a regular income.
- You do not spend most of your time thinking about meeting basic needs such as food, shelter, medical care, child care, etc.
- Making this investment means you have to cut back on some discretionary spending (such as going out to dinner, buying coffee, or buying a new outfit), but the sacrifice is short-term.
This is for you if:
- You have frequent stress from meeting basic needs.
- You qualify for government assistance such as food stamps and health care.
- You don’t have access to personal savings.
- Paying the middle tier would make things difficult for you in the short term. You could put away money each month to save up for the middle tier of the program, but you would have to save for longer than six months.
Please be mindful that if you choose our equity rate when you can afford the standard price, you limit access to those who need financial flexibility. If buying this program means making short-term sacrifices and getting creative but does not jeopardize your safety or long-term well-being, we ask that you use those resources before using the sliding scale, which will limit opportunities for others.
Honesty about your financial situation helps us grow a healthy and sustainable community.
The Happy Member Guarantee
Risk-free, 30-day Money Back Guarantee.
We like happy Storytime Members. If you’ve gotten this far in reading and think Storytime might be a good fit for your family, I am willing to guess that you will enjoy what we offer inside our program.
However, I’d like to go the extra effort and make sure you can purchase with confidence.
For that reason, I’m including a 30-day, no-questions-asked, 100% money-back guarantee.
If, for any reason, you don’t like the program, all you have to do is send an email to our customer support team at [email protected], and we will refund your purchase.
Storytime in the Schoolhouse isn't just videos to watch with your child.
Storytime is a complete program of nature-based songs, stories, crafts, & activities to guide you through all four seasons of the year.
Designed to be used again and again, throughout early childhood.
Create a consistent daily and weekly rhythm focused on connecting with your child and the world around you.
Your Storytime Membership includes:
- Circle time songs, poems, and fingerplays for each month: an easy way to learn and enjoy new songs to sing with your child.
- Daily nature-based stories and puppet shows: increase your child’s connection with and curiosity about the world around them.
- Nature-Based craft projects & video instruction from a trained early childhood handwork teacher: create two beautiful crafts each month that coordinate with the themes and stories of Storytime.
- 12+ Additional Craft, Kitchen, and Outdoor Projects each month: enjoy a collection of seasonal activities that coordinate with the monthly themes and stories of Storytime and provide you with all you need to fill your days in a meaningful way.
- Monthly Guidebooks stuffed full of Storytime materials and resources: Our 60+ page guidebooks put everything from the month into one easy-to-use resource. This interactive (and printable) PDF provides detailed monthly plans including material lists and instructions for craft projects and extension activities. This resource allows you to easily create a nourishing weekly rhythm of crafts and activities without spending hours gathering your own resources.
As a Storytime Member, you can immediately access the entire program and all the accompanying resources, which are organized by month in our member dashboard.
Each month includes...
Seasonal Circle Times
A new, full circle time for each month, including seasonal songs, poems, & fingerplays.
Stories & Puppet Shows
Four new gentle, nature-based stories each month, including folk tales, nature tales, and teaching tales.
Our early childhood handwork specialist teaches two video-based craft projects each month. We include a materials list and instructions for each project.
Each month includes a Guidebook filled with coordinated craft, kitchen, and outdoor projects that align with our stories and themes.
And, because I care about you and your concerns…
Answers to our most popular questions:
Have a question you need answered before you become a Storytime Member?
Below is a list of the most common questions I’m asked about Storytime. If your question isn’t answered here, reach out to me and my team via email ([email protected]) so we can help you.
Is there support available if I have questions or need help?
I have an amazing team here to support you as you find your way around the membership. We want to make sure you use the membership to its full potential. Your membership provides you with support to establish a rhythm around Storytime and bring the various components (stories, songs, and projects) to life in your home.
Additionally, our private Facebook community is full of active, engaged, and supportive parents. Together we share how we use the individual pieces of Storytime in our daily lives.
What if I’m not sure if my child is the right age for Storytime?
Storytime was created for families with children in early childhood but we soon learned that children across many ages and levels of development enjoy Storytime. We have newborns and children as old as 12 who join us each day in the schoolhouse. If you aren’t sure whether or not it’s a good fit, our suggestion is to try it out! We offer a 30-day money back guarantee.
What if I join Storytime and my child isn’t interested?
We want all our members, young and old, to be happy and engaged in the Schoolhouse!
First and foremost, Storytime wasn’t created to be a digital babysitter–it’s intended to be a moment of connection between you and your child. We encourage you to sit down with your child, sing the songs, learn the fingerplays, and enjoy the stories. Find a consistent and predictable time each day to enjoy Storytime together.
If you try this and Storytime still isn’t a good fit for your child, we offer a 30 day money back guarantee. Just send a message to my team at [email protected] and we will refund your purchase.
We limit or avoid screen time for our children. How will this membership work for us?
Many of our members are low or no-screen.
Storytime takes the best elements of screen time while avoiding the more troublesome components–-making it many families' first choice for introducing screen time. And! Storytime is about more than videos. Storytime is a consistent moment of connection between you and your child. You learn songs, stories, and crafts to bring into the rest of your day and life.
Storytime is SLOW. There is lots of repetition, no camera changes, and an adult who truly loves children on the other side of the screen.
All that being said, you may still want to avoid screen time and we respect your decision. Your membership also includes an audio-only version of Storytime. You can utilize the corresponding activities and projects regardless of whether you listen to the audio or watch the videos.
“Hello from France! We are a screen-free homeschooling family, so I was THRILLED when Becca started [an audio version]. My 2 and 4-year-olds ask me every day if there is a new episode :) We are not an exclusively Waldorf family but seasonal rhythm and nature are a huge part of our lives, as is music. I love that the stories are short, engaging and diverse - perfect for getting my kiddos ready for longer read-alouds and audiobooks. Thank you, Ms. Becca, for making this precious resource more accessible!”
My child is in school during the day, will this work for us?
Storytime isn’t just for homeschoolers. We have many families in our community whose children attend preschool or kindergarten. How you use Storytime will depend on your unique life and schedule, but we encourage you to find a consistent time to watch together each day. This might be after breakfast and before leaving for school. Or it might be part of your after school rhythm to watch Storytime together and then work on a craft. Storytime is about more than videos, it’s about a consistent moment of connection with your child.
I’m an early childhood teacher looking for ideas for the classroom, may I join?
Yes you may! We are working on a separate membership specifically for early childhood educators. In the meantime, we warmly welcome you to join our regular membership. You will learn stories, songs, and projects to share with your community or classroom. (There are copyright laws we ask you to follow and are happy to answer any questions.)
We may not be able to watch everyday and could fall behind. How will this affect us?
No one “falls behind” in the Schoolhouse! Our membership includes a video for each day of the week. Some of our families watch consistently each day while others choose to only watch one or two days a week. Your membership includes lifetime access to all of Storytime! This gives you the peace of mind to know you will be able to watch any videos you miss.
I would like to watch the episodes without my child; to learn the songs and stories. Would this work?
Yes! A small percentage of our members are parents who watch Storytime on their own to learn the songs and stories and then bring the material to their child. As a member, you have access to our monthly Guidebooks which include song lyrics, story overviews, craft project instructions, and loads of extension activities.
“I enjoy watching Storytime and learning the tunes of the songs that way, finger plays, etc. It is like teacher training, lol. I didn't really show my kids the videos (screen free home) but I, as a mom, really benefited from that program. It taught ME how to do Circle Time.”
~ Estelle, Storytime parent with 3 young children
We live in the southern hemisphere. Will this work for us?
Storytime is currently set up from a northern hemisphere perspective. However, since you have access to the whole year at once, it is easy to use the episodes and resources that coordinate with your season.
“Thank you for making the effort to extend access to the southern hemisphere seasons. It was remarkable how the weather Becca experienced in the school house corresponded with the weather we were experiencing here in New Zealand through autumn and spring particularly.”
~Wynne, Southern hemisphere Storytime Member and parent
We don’t have reliable internet. Do we have to stream the episodes?
A Year of Storytime includes streaming from our website or downloading videos to watch offline. All the materials are yours to download and keep!
Do I only have access for a year?
No! While Storytime in the Schoolhouse includes an entire year’s worth of material, you have lifetime access to the product and can use it again and again. Additionally, all the materials are yours to keep and can be downloaded and saved.
Whew, that was a lot!
You get lifetime access to our entire program when you join Storytime in the Schoolhouse. That’s nature-based stories, songs, and activities to enjoy with your young child every season of the year. Let us do the hard work of gathering and organizing the resources and give you time to create a rhythm that connects you with your child and the world around you.
I'm Miss Becca.
Early childhood educator ~ Storyteller ~ Puppeteer
For over twelve years, I operated a mixed-aged forest preschool for children 3-6 years old on my property outside of Asheville, NC. Now I reach families with young children around the world through our nature-based, secular, inclusive programming, including Storytime in the Schoolhouse.