Storytime in the Schoolhouse
A membership program creating consistency, connection, & community.
Join me, Ms. Becca, each weekday as we follow a predictable rhythm of seasonal songs, stories, field trips, and crafting projects.Become a Member
I knew there were certain things I wanted to incorporate in our homeschooling, including circle time, song and fingerplays, and self-expression through storytelling and reenactment, but there was nothing available specifically showing me how to do all these things – until I discovered Ms. Becca and Storytime.
- Megan, Storytime Subscriber
The Storytime Membership Includes
- New Storytime videos Monday through Friday. Our videos follow a predictable and consistent rhythm that includes stories, puppet shows, field trips, nature trips, and craft visits.
- Instant access to all archived videos (over a year!).
- Online classroom for accessing all membership resources in one place.
- Free app for easy access of videos and resources. Stream from your device or cast to your TV.
- A private Facebook group for members.
Kaitlyn S., Storytime Member
You have provided me with the inspiration and confidence to make storytelling happen! My boys loved your initial stories, and I thought I would finally start my own attempt because you made it seem doable.
Your stories helped us establish a rhythm (which I hadn't managed to figure out previously!), and our homeschooling journey seems to be thriving for the first time! We have loved connecting during our story times and telling the story together!
Your offerings have been exactly the gentle guidance and love that our family needed! ♥️
These Times Call for a New Rhythm
Parents hear of the importance of establishing a rhythm for their children. Yet the idea of rhythm is itself often elusive.
We may even create a beautiful rhythm chart or print one from a curriculum or website. Then we try to wake up one day and follow this rhythm. Trying to produce this much change at once is nearly impossible and most of us eventually fall off the wagon...and feel like failures. We might even toss out the idea of rhythm altogether.
This is why I teach families to incorporate ONE, SMALL, DOABLE change at a time.
And that’s exactly why I created Storytime in the Schoolhouse. It’s my intention to bring the rhythm, joy, and magic of the classroom into your home.
Storytime helps establish a predictable and consistent rhythm that children can count on and find comfort in. This is especially crucial right now.
Why Storytime in the Schoolhouse?
- Adds predictability and consistency to your day, reducing anxiety and increasing calm
- Provides a daily rhythm which helps children connect to you and to the world around them
- Can act as an educational "spine"--providing themes and content around which you can plan other activities and curriculum
- Helps children learn through play
- The “live” feel of the videos is personable and engaging
- Inspires playful creativity long after the storytime session is over
- Increases imaginative play which is linked to problem solving, creativity, and communication
- Singing songs helps with transitions and adds joy to everyday life
- Gain skills as a parent for using song and story at home with your children
- Combines the many aspects of early childhood education that often seem elusive or hard to learn and prepare on your own
Finger plays, poems, and songs
These integral parts of storytime are known to build language skills and lay the foundation for future academic learning.
Storytelling lays the foundation for language arts skills such as reading, writing, narration, and recall.
How much does it cost?
Where do I watch the videos?
Is Storytime live?
How long are the videos?
Is Storytime secular?
What ages is this program for?
Is there closed captioning?
Curious what all the talk is about?
Experience Storytime as it's meant to be; a progression of song, story, field trip, and a puppet show. Sign up today and receive a video immediately and a new video each day for the next four days. No purchase required; all we need is your email address.
No don't like spam and promise not to send any.